Marcus Hand | Jan 15, 2021 (Seatrade-Maritime)
The Philippine Port Authority (PPA) said that a memo from the Philippines government Department of Transport had extended the temporary ban due to expire today, 15 January, had been extended until the 31 January.
The list of countries on the ban, which relates to the new mutation of the Covid-19 virus that spreads more easily, and has now been increased to 35 countries with the addition of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Hungary.
“The memo provides that all vessels coming from any of the flagged countries within 14 days immediately preceding arrival in the Philippines are barred from disembarking their foreign seafarers,” PPA said. The move is in line with a travel ban to the Philippines from the same 35 countries.
For Filipino national seafarers arriving from the 35 listed countries in the last 14 days disembarkation is not prohibited, however, is only allowed in the Port of Manila with transfer by shipping agents to dedicated facilities for a strict 14-day quarantine.
The PPA has set up six crew changes hubs in the country at Manila South Harbor, Port Capinpin in Bataan, Port of Batangas, and Sasa Wharf in Davao. (source : Seatrade-Maritime)